Camel hair natural blankets
The camel hair used by dormiente is obtained from the fluff hair of the two-humped camel. It is particularly fine and has excellent climate regulating properties. The main countries of origin are China and Mongolia. Adapted to the extreme temperature differences of this region, its fur protects against both cold and heat. Once a year, the animals shed the hair in bundles.. This is collected, stripped of its cover hair , and processed into a soft fleece in the natural colors beige or brown. The soft chest hair is preferred.
Camels are kept as pack and draft animals, as well as in larger herds for the production of camel hair. The hair shed by the young for the first time is considered particularly valuable. It is extremely fine, soft and light. One adult animal yields approximately 5 kg.
When carding, the 3-12 cm long, very fine, silky shiny and slightly crimped fluffy hair, is separated from the coarse, stiff awn hair. Whereby the fine hair percentage is then between 35 and 75%.
- due to its strong moisture-regulating properties, night sweat is quickly transferred
- has a specific inherent odor, which is perceived as discreet and sleep-inducing
- very light and conformable, durable and very long lasting
- has a cooling effect in summer and warming effect in winter
- adapts to the outside temperature